I was contacted several weeks ago about consulting on a contract through the National Center for State Courts with the Louisiana State Bar Association. It was to entail five days or so on-site, hopefully in August, but there was a re-work of the team that delayed the contract. I think it's finished now, but since the bar center is right in downtown New Orleans, we obviously won't be down there anytime soon.
My counterpart in Louisiana sent got an e-mail out that she had safely evacuated to Houston. That's good news, but it's hard to grasp the pictures I'm seeing of the devastation to that beautiful city. Here's hoping they can get the water out soon and that recovery won't be as difficult as it now appears. They're saying two months before schools can re-open!
And thanks to all the disaster workers headed that way. The beautiful and patient Teresa asked me if, when Patrick's off to college, if I'd join her in volunteering for a disaster recovery team. She's always wanted to do that. Absolutely. With her people skills, organizational ability, and level headedness, she'd be great, and I'd certainly do whatever I could.